Skip to content
- Egypt is a vast market of 100 million consumers of Apparel & Home Textiles, excluding the Middle East, Africa and Asia Markets, which makes up a consumer base spanning 2 billion people.
- Egypt’s Textile Industry is a global giant and the second largest country’s sector, contributing 30% of industrial production and 25 % of total exports.
- Its vertically integrated structure is the pivot in the Middle Eastern region, linking complete production process right from the cultivation of cotton, to the making of yarns, fabrics, ready-made apparels and home textiles.
- The production capacities are large and the quotas to EU and USA are never fulfilled.
- Egyptian textile exporters, source almost 70% of the intermediate products from Turkey, China, Korea, India and Pakistan.
- Almost 80% of accessories and 99% of textile machinery are sourced from overseas markets.
- Egyptian Textile Industry consists of 4500 factories employing more than 1.5 million workers.
- Government runs various training programmes, continuously upgrading the skill sets of the labor force and their managing personnel.
- The location of the country facilitates quick and easy exports to other countries such as Asia, Africa, and Europe. Cargoes take less than 5 days to reach EU and 15 days to USA, turning it to a preferred sourcing location compared to its counterparts.
- Egyptian Textile industry has clustered in the main areas of the country, where the infrastructure and commercial ports are well established for export easiness and simplicity.
- New Textile Industrial Parks are being developed with more than 5 billion USD investment in the next 3 years.