Skip to content
- Egypt’s Textile Industry is a global giant and the second largest country’s sector, contributing 30% of industrial production and 10% of total exports.
- Its vertically integrated structure is the pivot in the Middle Eastern region, linking complete production process right from the cultivation of cotton, to the making of yarns, fabrics, ready-made apparels and home textiles.
- The Extra Long Staple Cotton is world renown and Egypt enjoys substantial comparative and competitive advantages over other countries.
- It has a high supply of labor at a low cost with embedded knowledge and skills, a central location on the globe and a wealth of natural resources.
- Egypt’s expertise in the textile manufacturing industry has spanned many centuries, which make it a vital producer, exporter and importer.
- Egyptian Textile Industry consists of 4500 factories employing more than 1 million workers.
- Government runs various training programmes, continuously upgrading the skill sets of the labor force and their managing personnel.
- The location of the country facilitates quick and easy exports to other countries such as Asia, Africa, and Europe. Cargoes take less than 5 days to reach EU and 15 days to USA, turning it to a preferred sourcing location compared to its counterparts.
- Egyptian Textile industry has clustered in the main areas of the country, where the infrastructure and commercial ports are well established for export easiness and simplicity.
- New Textile Industrial Parks are being developed with more than 5 billion USD investment in the next 3 years.
: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 786432 bytes) in /home/egytexfairs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/form-maker/frontend/models/form_maker.php
on line 2135